Mr. Jarod Hawk joined South Columbus Preparatory Academy at German Village as principal with over 11 years of experience as a K-8 educator and school leader in Ohio, South Carolina, and Texas. Prior to joining ACCEL Schools in 2019, he worked for IDEA Public Schools where he became Founding Principal of a Health Professions school after completing a two-year Principal Residency program working alongside top-performing principals in the network. Mr. Hawk holds a Bachelor’s degree in Middle Childhood Education from Kent State University as well as a Master’s degree in Educational Administration from Ashland University. Additionally, he is currently pursuing his Superintendent License with Ashland University.
We are excited to announce that SCPA will be implementing an Early Kindergarten Program starting in Fall 2020! The Early K program is a dedicated class that focuses on preparing your child for academic success.
Developed with the ACCEL Schools Academic Team, our Early Kindergarten Program focuses on each child’s physical, social, and cognitive development. Our teaching approach uses meaningful playtime and learning materials that are centered around young children’s natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- Free, full-day program for children ages 4-5
- Full year (August – May) program
- Applicants must turn five years old by January 1st
- A brief Kindergarten assessment is required during the registration process
Our Early Kindergarten Program teacher will be in regular communication with you throughout the year to discuss your child’s progress toward his or her individual learning goals.
“Starting school is the beginning of a special journey for each child,” says Principal Hawk. “Our Early Kindergarten Program gives South Columbus Prep students a strong start and foundation for lifelong learning.”
For more information, call (614) 669-6301 today, or apply by clicking here.
SCPA student academic progress is well-above the state average and A-Rated for Progress and Overall Value-Added! Read the 2019 Report Card from the Ohio Department of Education.
For meeting the highest standards of education in ongoing third-party review.
- AMP Helpful Resources
- Online & Hybrid Student Internet Reimbursement Policy
- A Day in the Life: Your Plan for Successful Online Learning
- South Columbus Preparatory Academy on Channel ABC 6
- 20-21 Opening Information for Parents
- 20-21 Learning Options for Students
- Statement Regarding the Death of George Floyd
- Free Meal Program
- Yoga & Physical Education
- Mr. Jarod Hawk Selected as Principal of German Village Location